Friday, July 4, 2014

Rosés: A Postscript

Demonstrating once again my "ahead-of-the-curve" disposition with regard to rosés, I was pleased to see these wines undergo the New York Times taste test a few weeks ago.  To be more precise, the panel sampled only California rosés, and whereas the approach I took in my last few classes was very much international, the upshot is that there is a wide variety of very interesting and eminently quaffable pink wines out there, so if you haven't yet taken advantage of the selection out there, get thee to a wine shop soon - before the summer and the supply run out!

Although I haven't (yet) tasted any of the wines featured in the report by Mr. Asimov and his tasting buddies, I was immediately drawn to the Tablas Creek Patelin de Tablas Rosé.  Those of you who took my class on Central Coast California wines a few years back may recall my unguarded enthusiasm for the Tablas Creek line of  products.  This one will definitely be on my shopping list for my next run to Total Wine which typically carries their wines.

You will find tasting notes of the one California rosé (a grenache from Sonoma) we sampled in my class on my blog post of May 24.  In the meantime, I invite you to read the following piece by Mr. Asimov on California rosés and seek out any of his panel's recommendations.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/25/dining/tasting-california-roses.html

No comments:

Post a Comment